Murreys Olympic Disposal
2548 W 19th St, Port Angeles, WA 98363
TollFree: (800) 422-7854
Add Your Review
- DetailsEdited: 07/12/2017
The collectors usually leave my garbage can a long way from where it was left. Often, down the hill on gravel. I am 79 yrs old & quite handicapped so it is very difficult for me to haul the can back up to my garage door. If they are mad at me for something I wish they would let me know instead of using this method to possibly show their displeasure.
Gist of telephone conversation with Murreys Olympic Disposal customer service this morning:
- We refuse to post our rates online (we also refuse to create a public website)
- We refuse to provide you with an electronic or hard copy of our rate sheet ("We don't HAVE a rate sheet")
- If you want to know what our rates are, we will provide them to you orally, on the phone or in person. We refuse to put anything in writing.
- If you don't like it, you cancel our service and haul your own garbage and recycling to the dump.
This reminds me of the phone company before divestiture. I had a friend who worked for the phone company, and she had a poster that said:
"We ARE the ONLY PHONE COMPANY IN TOWN, and there ain't a damned thing you can do about it!!!"
Pity. Olympic Disposal has a smug, arrogant attitude and badly needs a competitor.
It will be interesting to see, now that they have reduced service by removing glass from the list of acceptable recyclable items, if they will reduce their rate for recycling accordingly.
View similar Garbage CollectionSuggest an edit