Great Lakes Caring Home Health & Hospice
Serving the Okemos area.
1.Michigan Community VNA
3800 Heritage Ave Ste A-1
Home Health Services
2.Michigan Community Vna
2145 University Park Dr
No Internet Heading Assigned
4655 Dobie Rd, Okemos, MI, 48864
Please try reloading the page.
I was so happy to finally receive both compassionate and professional care for my parents from a company that is run by a nurse. The previous home care company I had used was not managed by anybody with a medical background, and my parents were not taken care of well at all. Care Connections staff was availalble to speak to 24 hours a day, and they always answered the phone without me having to leave a message and get a response several hours later. Most important, the nurses at Care Connnectons were able to adjust my parents' care as needed, and I could always depend on the home health aide to show up. The aides always had a great understanding of my parents medical and emotional needs, and I was so relieved to have them take care of my parents as I am out of state It's always so important to trust someone when you can't be there, and the professional services of Care Connections more than met my parents needs, they offered a good price for taking care of 2 people together
- Debridement: The removal of dead skin and tissue surrounding the wound. This can be done surgically, using a whirlpool bath, syringes, enzymes that dissolve the tissue, or wet dressings that dry on the wound and absorb the dead tissue.
- Dressing: Wrapping the wound in a protective film, gauze, gel, or foam.
- Compression stockings: Tight-fitted fabric sheaths that encourage blood flow.
- Artificial skin: A covering that is applied to the wound for several days as it heals.
- Ultrasound: The use of sound waves to promote healing.
- Growth factor therapy: The use of materials naturally produced by the body to encourage quick cell growth.
- Negative pressure therapy: Creating a vacuum around a wound to encourage faster blood flow to the area.