1.North Shore University Hospital
888 Old Country Rd
HospitalsMedical Service OrganizationsEmergency Care FacilitiesSurgery Centers
Plainview Hospital is an acute care community hospital with 219 beds that treats patients with a wide range of medical, surgical, and gynecological conditions. It has a same-day surgery program and is
2.St. Joseph Hospital
4295 Hempstead Tpke
HospitalsEmergency Care FacilitiesMedical CentersSurgery Centers
Established in 1999, New Island Hospital offers a range of health care services. The hospital has an emergency department the serves more than 35,000 patients each year. New Island Hospital provides l
3.Northport VA Medical Center - U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
79 Middleville Rd
HospitalsPhysicians & Surgeons, PsychiatryPhysicians & Surgeons, Internal MedicineVeterans & Military Organizations
4.South Nassau Communities Hospital
1 Healthy Way
HospitalsPhysicians & SurgeonsPhysicians & Surgeons, Emergency MedicineMedical Centers
At South Nassau Communities Hospital, we are at the center of a health care renaissance: one that's squarely focused on the health and well-being of you and your family. Providing superior, quality pa
221 Jericho Tpke
HospitalsMedical CentersSurgery CentersEmergency Care Facilities
Syosset Hospital provides medical care and advanced technical services performed by skilled, compassionate professionals and support staff trained and certified in the latest medical procedures. It al
6.St. Helena Hospitals
1155 Deer Park Ave
Very happy a personal service Mom and Pop Pharmacy is open on Sundays...great job guys.More Nearby Locations »
301 E Main St
HospitalsSurgery CentersMedical CentersClinics
John Gianfortone and the staff at this facility are all excellent. After going to a facility that the doctor referred us to, we left to go to Southside, only to find out that they are the best. They
Medical Alert Systems
bestcompany.com/medical-alert Need a Medical Alert System?See The #1 Rated Company Near You
Please try reloading the page.
- Debridement: The removal of dead skin and tissue surrounding the wound. This can be done surgically, using a whirlpool bath, syringes, enzymes that dissolve the tissue, or wet dressings that dry on the wound and absorb the dead tissue.
- Dressing: Wrapping the wound in a protective film, gauze, gel, or foam.
- Compression stockings: Tight-fitted fabric sheaths that encourage blood flow.
- Artificial skin: A covering that is applied to the wound for several days as it heals.
- Ultrasound: The use of sound waves to promote healing.
- Growth factor therapy: The use of materials naturally produced by the body to encourage quick cell growth.
- Negative pressure therapy: Creating a vacuum around a wound to encourage faster blood flow to the area.