Please try reloading the page.
Dr Benson spent plenty of time with me answering my questions leading up to my hip revision. The outcome was excellent. Better than expected for sure. The support team in the office and the PA were also much appreciated. I would highly recommend both the practice and Dr Benson to anyone considering an orthopaedic procedure.I'm having my other hip replacement revised in the next year and will definitely have Dr Benson do the procedure.
- Debridement: The removal of dead skin and tissue surrounding the wound. This can be done surgically, using a whirlpool bath, syringes, enzymes that dissolve the tissue, or wet dressings that dry on the wound and absorb the dead tissue.
- Dressing: Wrapping the wound in a protective film, gauze, gel, or foam.
- Compression stockings: Tight-fitted fabric sheaths that encourage blood flow.
- Artificial skin: A covering that is applied to the wound for several days as it heals.
- Ultrasound: The use of sound waves to promote healing.
- Growth factor therapy: The use of materials naturally produced by the body to encourage quick cell growth.
- Negative pressure therapy: Creating a vacuum around a wound to encourage faster blood flow to the area.