Blue Haven Pools-Houston
Swimming Pool Dealers
2201 hwy 6, Houston, TX 77003
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Mon - Fri
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sat - Sun
Add Your Review
Are you thinking on building a new pool? Well, do you homework right before sign any contracts. Be careful with ?Blue Haven Pools? they said to you that you are contracting and experienced, reputable, dependable and long-standing company and it is false and misleading. Blue haven licenses its brand name to pool contractor without requiring them to construct pools to minimum standards. The truth is that there has never been any single company operating under the name ""Blue Haven"" in any state since 1954 and that none of the companies operating under the name ""Blue Haven"" have been in business since 1954, are not ""national"" companies and do not have 250,000 satisfied customers coast to coast.
Here is a little description of my experience with Blue Haven, hopefully it will open your eyes.
I built a pool with Blue Haven TN. I have problems from the beginning.
They started building on June 07 and finish at the end of November 07. They have to redo the stamped concrete around the pool because the first time was not made right. Blue Haven did not push the subcontractor to do it; it was only done because my husband and I handle the situation with the subcontractor directly.
Then, we noticed that we were loosing water and finally we found a big split on the shell, emptied the pool and fixed it (after long argument with Blue Haven) but we always had problems with the pump making terrible noises that even the neighbors complaint about it. It looses pressure all the time. They changed the Hayward motor and replaced with another one (I found today that they replaced it with something else a cheap brand so Hayward does not cover their warranty now). They also installed the ozonator on the wrong place making the filter fill with air. We still have a lot of problems...to many to describe.
They worst is that the office in Knoxville, TN is close after only one year on business and Blue Haven National do not want to be responsible for the problem. I call the 1-800 customer service and Ms. Ellen which number is 972-316-8662 provided me with the worst customer service I have to deal in my life, treating it me like not one has been. She said that it is not their problem. She does not want me to call her anymore or give me any number or names or other people in Blue Haven that can help me to solve all this problems. I spent $70,000 on my pool to be treated poorly and they washed their hands simple like that. I decided to build withBlue Haven and not with a local company thinking that they will take care of problems like this, for their #1 ranking and their reputation (that's what I thought them).
I know that I can not do anything about it only advise other people about this company and their terrible business model.
Please read all the complaint about Blue Haven posted on the internet. Google ?Blue Haven complaints? for a large list
Blue Haven pools resurfaced our pool and decking around the pool. I was very disappointed in their quality of work and their customer service. We had them do the repair in the winter as not to be in a rush. Well they really took their time it was spring before it was finished.
They broke the skimmer basket area and we had many issues with the decking especially. Our new decking started to crumble soon after the job was done. We called them out to repair which they should have repoured that whole 3ft section. They did not. They patched it and it is still cracked. I called sooo many times I finally gave up. The rubber stuff between the coping and decking has pulled away so it is doing no good.
I would not recommend Blue Haven Pools.
Maybe if they stopped running full color 4 pages ads they could afford to do their jobs right.
BEWARE OF BLUE HAVEN POOLS!!! Once your contract is signed, they will treat you like dirt, not keep you informed, make modifications without informing you, and give you lower-grade equipment than what you paid for! I strongly recommend you stay away from this company! Key issues:
1. I purchased a $450 AquaPod pool remote, but was provided a $180 Spa-Side remote. I was told I could remove the remote receiver and return it for a refund, but that would void the warranty on my pool control center.
2. I had a waterfall installed. It has leaked since startup a few weeks ago and has yet to be repaired.
3. The flagstone coping I had installed has discolored after only 3 weeks and has yet to be repaired
4. The pool company broke all hose bibs on my house and several hoses/hose reels and won?t repair them. (~$400 damage)
5. Blue Haven refused to provide me with product manuals for the equipment it installed and told me to go online. The products are made by Hayward and other companies, but have Blue Haven labels, so I can?t tell which manuals to download.
6. The pool plaster type and color I selected in August was discontinued, but I wasn?t told this until after the tile and coping were installed, so I couldn?t match colors as intended.
7. The pool company destroyed and won?t repair a significant portion of my neighbor?s front yard.
8. 2 weeks after the pool was filled, the pump system started to fail. It has yet to be repaired. I can?t maintain water chemistry or circulate water to prevent freezing.
9. The pool company didn?t repair construction damage to my yard. This would have been okay, but it filled my yard with clay and didn?t compact it. It then rained and all of the clay turned to mud, flowing to the street and plugging drainage. (~$2500 damage).
10. The pool took 3.5 months (contract spec?d 35 days). There were only 2 days of bad weather to stall construction.
Do not use this company! We were very excited about working with this company, but it was short lived. Everyone seemed amiable and attentive until we signed a contract with them. The 24 hour financing took 3+ weeks with one phone call to keep us informed. The emailed contract and lay-out that was promised the next day, was sent 3 weeks later after i reminded them. I had to call them to receive any information/updates. We were told that if we didn't like the financing, we could cancel the contract, which was a lie. Not only were we unhappy about the lack of communication but also the closing fees, so we informed them that we wanted to cancel. The sales manager was rude, threatening and a bully. He theatened us with a $5000 fee or forcing us to get a pool from them if we tried to terminate the contract. The general manager backed him up by reporting that maybe he had a bad day. The general manager was inappropriate (sassy tone), supported his employee with a flatout lie (that I didn't have voicemail) and would not listen to or validate any of our concerns. When we tried to call a coroporate office, we discovered that there is no Blue Haven coprorate office. If you search""Blue Haven Corporate"" you will find many more dissasatisfied stories about them. They had done nothing but filed permit paperwork with the county and the HOA and applied for financing. We were so concerned with their dealings, lack of communication and bullying that we paid them $3500.00 to leave us alone. We will be paying more money for a pool with another company but are relaxed because of their communication, manners, morals and ethics.
View similar Swimming Pool DealersSuggest an edit