Avis Rent A Car
38410 Grand River Ave Ste E-2, Farmington, MI 48335
7:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Mon - Fri
7:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sat - Sun
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Phone: (313) 962-2004
Primary Phone: (313) 962-2004
Americas Auto Village
Add Your Review
I am not the one to usually complain but I had the worst car rental experiences I ever.
Problems with this location:
- They charged me for gas even though I filled up before returning the car.
- They do not have a drop box for key.
- The agent wanted to hang up the call in the middle of the conversation because it was 6p and closing time.
Problems with Avis:
- Their billing system is screwed up; double billed me.
- Their agents are rude overall and clueless many times.
- My rental intended to be for 1 day at $30 ($20 + taxes). I had the keys for 3 more days since the location was close when I returned the car and I was traveling). And they billed me 530$ - they increased the 20$ to 40$ for each of the days, charged me a weekly fee of $280, tacked a late fee of $30 saying that I did not inform them (when in fact I called them every day), added a refueling charge of $14 when I returned the car tank full.
- Claimed to refund the weekly rental charge the first time but did not see any refund.
- Refunded the late fee (supposedly as a courtesy) and the refuel fee (again as a courtesy - when I should not be charged in the first place).
- When I called to dispute the weekly rental charge, they remove it, jack up the daily rate from 19.99 to 39.99 ( for the first 2 days) and ADD BACK the late fee.
Very disappointing experience, after booking a car online for an 8am pickup , I arrived at 8.05 only to be told that the vehicle was still out with the previous renter (due to return at 8am). I was told to wait even though there were other vehicles available. I asked if she could contact the renter to get an estimate of the return time as I had to get to work, she said that was not possible. She then offered to charge me $3 per day for an upgrade. I called AVIS customer service twice, they told me that the policy was to give me whatever was available at no extra charge. The desk clerk then spoke with customer service and told them that there were no vehicles available, even tough she offered me an SUV ($$$) 3 minutes earlier. Needless to say I wrote to customer service complaining about the poor customer service at this facility and elected to use Hertz on Grand River avenue instead, where I was treated with courtesy and even saved money on the weeks rental charge.
Avis has always been in my eyes one of the best companies to rent from. The staff at Farmington Avis latley has been way above the rest.....cars are always clean and everyone is always so nice. I would recomend this location to everyone I know when they are renting cars!! THANKS!!!!!!
View similar Car RentalSuggest an edit